Not sure what’s safe and what’s not at a movie theater? Here are 10 gluten free and casein free snacks you can depend on:
- Dots (fruit flavor, tropical, crows)
- Mike & Ike (Zours, Jelly beans, Hot Tamales)
- Jolly Rancher Fruit Chews
- Skittles (Crazy Cores, Fizzl’d Fruits, Original, Sour, Tropical, Wild Berry
- Starburst Fruit Chews (Jelly beans, FavREDs, Original, Summer Fun Fruits, Sweet/Sour, Tropical)
- Starburst GummiBursts (Original, Flavor Duos, Sour)
- Sunkist Fruit Gems
- Swedish Fish
- Sweet Tarts (Original, Shockers Chewy Candy, Tangy Candy Hearts) *a commenter said that this candy is not safe for Celiacs as it is apparently made in a facility that also processes wheat. I checked and he’s right. Thank you!
- Lifesavers (Assorted Sours, Gummies Island Fruit, Gummies Wild Berries, Wild Berries Sours)
And now for the question you’ve all been waiting for: is movie theater popcorn gluten free? The answer is sometimes. If your movie theater serves hot dogs and pretzels, chances are there is cross-contamination. Also, whatever the popcorn is being popped in could be cross-contaminated. It’s a “you never know” situation, so it’s most important for you to either ask (especially ask what oil it’s popped in and/or what brand of popcorn) or just don’t get it.
Check out this page for some more details:
http://www.triumphdining.com/blog/2010/07/21/is-movie-theater-popcorn-gluten-free/ A little bit outdated, but it could help you find the answer.